Here are some papers we've written:
- queenssep.pdf : "The Queens Separation Problem" published in Volume 69 of Utilitas Mathematica in March 2006. Note: Table 2 in this paper is faulty. Go here for correct numbers.
- QueensSep2.pdf: "Independence and Domination Separation on Chessboard Graphs", published in Volume 68 (2009) of the Journal of Combinatorial Mathematics and Combinatorial Computing. Note: Table 1 in this paper is faulty. Go here for correct numbers.
- cmj204-210.pdf: "Reflections on the N + k Queens Problem", published in the May 2009 issue of The College Mathematics Journal.
- dlxMCCC.pdf: "Algorithm Performance for Chessboard Separation Problems", published in Volume 70 (2009) of the Journal of Combinatorial Mathematics and Combinatorial Computing.
- JDLXFinalCopy.doc: "JDLX: Visualization of Dancing Links", a paper on a Java applet demonstrating the DLX algorithm presented on September 26, 2008 at the 2008 Midwest Regional Conference of the Consortium for Computing Sciences in Colleges.
- centrosymm2.pdf: "Centrosymmetric Solutions to Chessboard Separation Problems". published in the Bulletin of the Institute of Combinatorics and its Applications, volume 65 in May 2012.
- maxqueens.pdf: "The maximum queens problem with pawns", published in Recreational Mathematics Magazine, number 6 in December 2016